Goal of the post-doctoral study :
The post-doctoral research grants are awarded for a maximum period of two years to young doctors working of domains related to the space programmes in order to complete their resume for an integration in the research or industrial worlds.
By doing so, CNES wants to promote the recruitment of high-skilled researchers to work on focused topics of the space programmes. The applicant selection is thus mainly focusing on the qualities and future capacities to integrate a research organisation or an industrial establishment.
This quality condition leds CNES to establish extremely rigorous selection criteria basing themselves on the recruitment criteria of the French Committee of scientific research (formation, profile, scientific productions, mobility, etc.) even if the topic remains crucial for CNES.
The post-doctoral study has to be achieved in France in a non-CNES laboratory However, a partnership with a foreign laboratory can be considered.
Since the post-doctoral CNES study topic in theses domains are not shortlisted, applicants are invited to propose first their research project and the host laboratory to the CNES responsible of the thematics for a first evaluation.
Thematics and contacts for universe sciences, microgravity and exploration
- Astronomy, astrophysics : Philippe LAUDET
- Exobiology, exoplanets : Michel VISO
- Fundamental physics : Isabelle PETITBON
- Sun, heliosphere, magnetosphere : Kader AMSIF
- Solar system : Francis ROCARD
- Material sciences : Christophe DELAROCHE
- Life sciences : Guillemette GAUQUELIN-KOCH
Thematics and contacts for Earth sciences, enviRonment and climate
- Atmosphere, meteorology and climate : Pierre TABARY
- Atmosphere composition : Carole DENIEL
- Ocean : Anne LIFERMANN
- Ocean, continental environment, cryosphere : Anne LIFERMANN
- Continental surfaces, hydrology : Philippe MAISONGRANDE
- Continental surfaces, health : Cécile VIGNOLLES
- Solid Earth, geodesy, cartography : Mioara MANDEA
Thematics and contacts for applications
- Applications : Aurélie SAND
Thematics and contacts for orbital systems
- Quality assurance : Michel LABRUNEE
- Mechanical and Thermal Engineering, Power Supply, Propulsion : Fabien CASTANET
- Onboard software : Fabien CASTANET
- Avionics architecture and system command : Nadine LADIETTE
- Navigation, Telecommunications and Time-Frequency : Jean-Luc ISSLER
- Microwave and optical scientific instrumentation : Bruno CUGNY
- Physical principles and image processing (for earth observation) : Bruno CUGNY
- Ground segment : Nathalie DUBERNET
NB : Please note that only post-doctoral topics in space transport systems are preselected. You can find the complete list HERE